Sunfest is Limiting its Environmental Impact on the Community!
In 2014, Sunfest introduced a new program to reduce the amount of waste made at our event. We diverted 62% from the landfill! This is a great
accomplishment for the first year.
We aren't stopping there however; with 2017 plans in the works, our goal is to divert 80%! Partnering with Green Event Services, we believe that a zero impact event is attainable through hard work and attention to detail.
Sunfest 2017 will be prohibiting the use of styrofoam food containers. We are also encouraging vendors to invest in compostable foodware items, such as paperplates and bamboo utensils.
To learn more about compostable foodware and pricing, click here
How you can help us achieve this goal:
- Educate Yourself on How to Dispose of Your Garbage
- Ask a Volunteer for Assistance. They love to talk trash!
- Use a Green Event Services Station Instead of a Garbage Can
- Bring a Reusable Water Bottle
- We are all accountable to the city we love so let's help keep it beautiful!